In 1994, the Craft & Hobby Association created this wonderful celebration in March that we know as National Craft Month. It was designed to help people rediscover their creativity and learn about the wonderful world of crafting and all of it's many benefits. I'd love for National Craft Month to signify the start of open craft season, just like all the hype that goes into opening day of hunting and fishing season, however, with no license required ;)
Here's a list of 10 ways to celebrate National Craft Month.
2) Attend a craft workshop - search Facebook Events for craft workshops near you or check out a craft bar that are becoming so popular.
3) Finish a UFO - that's an unfinished object in the quilting world :)
4) Visit your local craft, scrapbook, or quilt shop and do some shopping - your local shop may even be hosting some National Craft Month celebrations and specials!
5) Browse Pinterest or Instagram for some crafty inspiration - hashtag ideas such as #quiltingprojects, #scrapbooklayout. The ideas are endless!
6) Teach someone else your crafty skills - this is a great way to spend time with a child and pass a legacy to the next generation.
7) Clean and organize your craft room and supplies - Kondo Method, anyone?
8) Try a new crafty skill - what a great time to start a new hobby.
9) Take an online craft class - online craft classes are all the rage. Check out My Blueprint or Creative Bug to get started.
10) Start a creative business - If you are interested in starting a retreat business, please watch our Free Masterclass, 4 Ways To Make $50k per Year Offering Craft Retreats, at RetreatClass.com.
How will you celebrate National Craft Month? We would love to have you let us know in the comments below.
Happy Crafting Everyone!
Featured Retreat - Cones and Needles Retreat House - Arizona
Craft in comfort and warmth surrounded by the beautiful Ponderosa Pines. Two driveway entrances with no steps make it easy to unload your supplies. You can find Cones and Needles on the Scrapbook and Quilt Retreat Directories and the proprietor, Lalita, is also a member of the Retreat Business Academy.
Join our mailing list to receive the Weekly Retreat News.
Safe, Secure, and we never share your info.